- Greek (Komotini),
- Language, Literature and Culture of the Black Sea Countries (Komotini) and
- Primary Education (Alexandroupolis)
of Democritus University of Thrace are pleased to announce the 10th International Conference on Greek Linguistics (10th ICGL), to be held in Komotini, Thrace, Greece, 1st to 4th September 20011.
The conference welcomes papers in the area of analysis and description of Greek language (synchronic and diachronic) as well as
teaching and learning Greek as a first and second/foreign language.
ICGL is a biennial meeting, held every two years since 1993, that focuses on all aspects of the linguistic study and analysis of Greek, from Ancient up through Modern Greek, though with greater emphasis on the later stages of the language.
The nine previous Congresses were held as follows:
- 9th I.C.G.L 2009. Chicago
- 8th I.C.G.L: 2007. Ioannina
- 7th I.C.G.L: 2005. York
- 6th I.C.G.L: 2003. Rethimno
- 5th I.C.G.L: 2001. Paris
- 4th I.C.G.L: 1999. Nicosia
- 3th I.C.G.L: 1997. Athens
- 2th I.C.G.L: 1995. Salzburg
- 1rst I.C.G.LQ: 1993. Reading